Thursday, October 6, 2011

Acorn treats

I started a book group and for our meeting yesterday I wanted to make something fun and fall-ish so I found a picture of these super cute acorn treats and decided to make them. They are so easy, cheap, and fun to make! Seriously took me 13 minutes from start to finish. Perfect right?! 
Wanna make em for your book club? or fall party or a fun after school snack or for you to devour in your closet or...so many delicious possibilities!

Gather your ingredients:
Pour chocolate chips in a little glass bowl {a quarter of bag makes about a dozen acorns}
 Nuke em for 15 seconds, stir, another 15 seconds, stir...until the chips are melted.
 Dip half a donut hole {I used plain and cinnamon} in the chocolate...
 ...immediately roll the chocolate half in sprinkles...
 ...break a pretzel stick in half and stick in the top of the acorn...
 ...place a sheet of wax paper on a cookies sheet and plop your acorn next to your 27 other acorns...
 ...stick your pan of acorns into the fridge for just a few minutes and WHALLA! Finemos! Delicioso!
 This is the really hard part. Exercise some serious self control and transfer them to a serving tray {without eating each before it reaches its destination} covered in a festive fall tea towel. 

 And if you're shooting for a sensory overload, place them right next to the tray of warm bite sized cinnamon rolls you just made. And a basket of plums. In case everyone isn't as weak as I.
Acorn idea stolen from someone somewhere off the internet who stole it from someone else who stole it from someone else. If you are the original acorn creativist shoot me an email and I will be happy to give credit where credit is due. Because you deserve it. This is a super cute and easy foodie craft!

13 comments:

Bennion Lovin' said...

lol! Love the credit thing at the bottom! These are super cute Gretchen! What a fun idea! I think you need to start a cooking blog dear!

Amy Legler said...

Ok - seriously, the first time I read that you were making acorns treats, my first thought was "hmm, or Gretch could just bring a batch to my house and we could share" but after seeing how to do it, I just might try it! SO easy and quick!!!

Unknown said...

WOW - these look so delicious - really cute for a party

Unknown said...

These are so adorable! I'm over from Censational Girl. I'm not a great baker but you made these look simple. I'm pinning! Thanks for the fabulous idea.

Kristine said...

Those are adorable!! Wow.

Gretchen Willmore said...

Thanks for all the lovin! The acorns are feeling so special;) Really though, I LOVE finding simple fun things that make my life more simple and..fun. So I'm happy to pass them along to yall!

Mark and Karen said...

Lovein' and stealin'!

jpet said...

These look really good. I have no idea where you find all of your little ideas. We need you to come live with us for a little bit and spruce up our house!

Carly said...

so cute and yummy idea! Thanks

Michelle said...

Wooow, Gretchen. You would do something like that. Katie would be your friend......

Francesca said...

Love it! Thanks!

Francesca said...

p.s. I posted this on my Facebook page. Is that ok?

Gretchen Willmore said...

I'm glad you like it! share away!! :)