Thursday, October 27, 2011

Be original...procrastinate!


No, thine eyes do not deceive you. Halloween is already passed. You missed it. Huge bummer.
Not. We had our church trunk-or-treat and chili cook-off party over the weekend so this is Halloween part 1. The party was a total success. All the different types of chili were so delish and the corn bread- to die for. Ha. But seriously, I've been asking myself why I don't make corn bread more often? I'm going to work on that kinda crucial flaw. And I have a killer corn bread recipe...the trick is sour cream in the batter people! The treat is moist and light deliciousness. I might have to post that recipe in the future. 
So here is how our party went in picture form:

Mr. Parks Man was originally a cowboy but after everyone congratulating me on the cutest back-woodsman they'd ever seen I changed my mind. He's a back-woodsman.



 I totally spaced the need for costumes until the morning of the party and then got so busy I forgot about them again until 30 mins before the party. I'm a slacker like that. No awesome mom award for me. But I gotta tell ya, Caleb didn't mind a bit. He loves trains so I broke out the recently emptied diaper box and cut a hole for his head and arms and then he helped me paint it red. We did a great job. You can even see the huggies baby through the paint. Then I made the details out of paper, cardboard, and tin foil and hot glued them on. He was so proud of his train costume. Works for me!


 This is our family picture taken at the ward party. Can you guess what Kiel and I were?? I'll give you hint: Kiel wore leaves on his jacket and I wore a chunky chain necklace. Yeah...no one else got it either. He was Pres. Bush and I was VP Cheney. Get it? HAHA! I thought the idea was hysterical but after telling some people who we were they asked, "who's Bush and Cheney?" Umok. Maybe not so creative...

 Although I might not receive the Best Mom Award for Caleb's costume, he did win the Most Original Costume award at the party. Go us and our originalityyyy! I'm actually not even sure what that means...no one else had one like his because they all had cool, real spiderman and superman costumes?? Whatever. We got a necklace full of M&Ms. So there shnazzy pants.
 Caleb played the cake walk game at least 46 times I kid you not. The poor boy has no matter of luck at all. 
 But eventually the nice lady in charge took pity on him and found his chair number and called it out. He won a cupcake.
 And shared it with Parks. Cause he's the best brother like that. See the frosting on his nose?? hehe

What are ya'll gunna be for Halloween?? I think Kiel and I should mix things up for Halloween day and come up with a different idea that people who are politically and citizenly challenged will still get. Also, am I the only one is getting shakey with excitement at the thought of all the yummy things my kids will bring home from trick-or-treating for me? Yeah? I'm pathetic? Ok. 

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

JeNnA said...

Ok, remember you aren't going to eat that candy. :) Also i busted out laughing on your first paragraph. People thought Parks was a mountain man (or whatever) when he was really a cowboy lol! Ya I am one of those politically retarded people, wouldn't have gotten your costume!! Love ALLLLL the pictures!

jpet said...

We went as the Flintstone family. We had everyone this year to pull it off. (Fred, Wilma,Pebbles, and Bambam.) Mindy made all of the costumes, actually turned out pretty well. I will have to send pics.

Michelle said...

Haha!! They are both sooo cute!! :D Parker's hair is getting longer too. I was pumkin pie. I borrowe Stephen's orange shirt (it was HUGE on me!) and I did a pie sign and taped it on. Sweeeet, right? Can't wait to see you all!! Great pics!