Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Suprise!!! Happy Birthday Mom!!


My moms birthday is Dec. 16th and all of us kids who have moved out of the house wanted to surprise her for her birthday! We were already going to AZ for Christmas so we told her we had tickets for the 18th and we even created fake flight itineraries...how brilliant was that?! But what she didn't know was that we really had tickets for the 16th. My aunt was putting on a birthday party for my mom, my grandma, and my other aunt who's birthdays are the day before and after my moms so here's how it went down: I met my sisters who flew in from Connecticut at the airport at around 3:30. Then my grandparents picked us up. They had told my mom they had to take the van in for a maintenance check up...haha. The problem was that the dinner party wasn't for another hour so we hung out and my grandparents until the anticipated moment arrived. We then went over to my aunts house and walked in just in time to sing Happy Birthday! You should have seen the look on my moms face! Well actually, you get to b/c I walked in with my camera up and ready. Isn't that the perfect surprised look??
We then got to do hugs and take some pictures (yes my mom was like bawling) and then we ate.


Then we had birthday cake...isn't it cute?? We used sparklers instead of candles..how funny is that...i thought that would be a fire hazard but it was actually pretty cool!


So it all turned out as great as possible and my mom got the present she wanted most: her whole family there with her. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so neat Gretchen! I had no idea that you were surprising your mom like that! I am so happy you got to spend the holidays with your family, even though I am selfish and wish you could have been with us!! ha ha Love you!

ps... Your mom's b-day cake is adorable!! Please don't tell me someone in your family made that! You guys are all ready talented enough, you don't need to make the rest of us look bad! =) ha!