Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Merry (sunny) Christmas

THE 25TH

This year we did something different for Christmas, we moved it to the 27th! The reason being that Kiel couldn't get work off until the evening of the 26th. So on the 25th we had the traditional christmas breakfast of homemade cinnamon bread, omelets, porridge, and fresh orange juice from our orchard. Bless those hands that juiced all those oranges! They're gunna need it. Then we played with everyone elses toys and just sat around and talked! Now, you have to understand that my mom is one of 9 or 10...I can't remember which. And like half those siblings live on the same dead end street as my family. And each of those siblings of my mom also have at least 8 kids = a lot of ppl!! and alot of chaos...and my family wouldn't have it any other way. We really love being all together! So we just bonded for a good majority of the day and then we read the Christmas story and discussed it in detail that that evening. My dad teaches institute so he knows lots of random and technical facts about scripture stories. It was a great christmas day that really let us focus on being with family and thinking about Christ. My 12 yr old sister Katie was so cute when she called us to attention after reading the christmas story and said, " this has been my favorite christmas because I got to see that presents don't really matter. The real meaning of christmas is about Christ and what he did for us. Lets do it like this again! But not next year...lets have it on the real day next year." haha. Out of the mouth of pre-teens.

THE 27TH

Today was our Christmas! We did the traditional wait on the stairs until everyone (including the parents) are ready. Then we take a picture and line the kids up youngest to oldest and let them go into the christmas room.
Merry 1st Christmas Caleb!

Yay! Lots of presents!
Daddy's, Caleb's, and my stocking

The kids ready to look at their stockings!
Opening up presents...apparently Tommy got a nerf football
Caleb loved his presents!!!...eating them that is...
Caleb had so much fun on his very first Christmas!!
So much fun that it wore him out.

1 comment:

Kevin and Missa said...

Kaleb is soo darn cute!! i ran over my phone and cant see the screen :( ... I am off work today (thursday) and am going grocery shopping and to walmart if you want to go.. call me at home or my cell... i just cant tell who it is callling but i think it will ring!! Im going to the gym first! but if you wanna go ill come home before i go get food... we have no food!!