Saturday, January 30, 2010

Restaurant Wrap-up: Rubio's

For dinner yesterday, Kiel and I decided to hit up a place we'd never been before,


We had been watching the Foodnetwork channel a few days prior and they had a whole segment on Rubio's fish tacos. That didn't pull my heart strings of course but Kiel loves fish tacos and I figured they had to have other good food if their fish tacos were that awesome.
So we found out the nearest one is 20 minutes away in American Fork and we made the journey.
Was it worth it??
Kiel gave it
4 out of 5 stars and I gave it 3 out of 5 stars.
Kiel ordered a World Famous fish taco and a chili lime salmon taco.
Its hard to describe Kiel's tacos since I didn't try them but he said next time he goes back he is just going to get several of the World Famous tacos. Apparently they're
AMAZING!
(and on Tuesdays they are only $1.50!!)
I ordered the steak burrito and smothered it in their salsa verde and cilantro.
I liked how they have a salsa bar...I got my money's worth there!! Lets just say...Kiel wasn't dying to kiss me after... :)
The burrito was so-so. It was only kinda warm which was weird but I did like how it had
sour cream and guacamole in it...yumm!!! It also had black beans, steak and rice in it.
My steak burrito was 6.50 and Kiel got the fish plate which came with 2 fish tacos and two sides for 6.50.
Conclusion: if you like sea food you'll probably like Rubio's. If you don't, you might be better to stick with Cafe Rio or your personal favorite Mexican restaurant.


Side question, is anyone else having a pain of a time getting your posts publish in the font and size you put it in??? Mines going all crazy!! And its making me crazy!!!!

3 comments:

Francesca said...

I LOVE Rubios! I grew up on it in CA and love that it's here in AZ too. The fish tacos are definitely the best thing on the menu.

Michelle said...

I LOVE Cafe Rio. It is W-A-Y good. huh...

JeNnA said...

So my computer is still broke. its annoying. but very fun updates! cafe rio is amazing!! Do you go out like every weekend?? whats the tradition??