Sunday, January 24, 2010

Shaved Legs Therapy


As I was getting dressed for church this morning and thinking about the miserable snow I was going to have to drudge through to get to church and then remembering that I hadn't shaved my pasty white legs in a week, I wore my knee high boots and my past knee length skirt.

Have I mentioned I HATE snow??
sure, it has its amazing aesthetic qualities but its just not worth the pain of bundling up and wiping off the car and praying the minute I get in the car that I'll make it to my destination in one, un-compact piece and finding the shoes with extra tred anytime I want to relieve some cabin fever.
Its just NOT worth it.
And it makes me k-r-o-s.

My one demand when we were filling out law school apps was that we end up going somewhere with no snow. I don't care if the summers are 120 degrees. I'd rather wipe off sweat from the scorching sun than sweat from bundling up to survive the freezing walk to the car only to suddenly burst into flames the minute the heater kicks into gear.

So what does this have to do with Shaved Legs Therapy??
Well, as I was contemplating my miserable lot in life being stuck in this snow wrecked state, I thought about flowers, and green growing things, and swimming, and feeling thin and sexy in a swim suit.
These thoughts might have also stemmed from feeling particularly fat and pregnant and white and hairy as well...
Anywho, I suddenly had the urge to feel smooth and sexy and swimsuit ready! Danged if I was going sit in bed while my legs that once made me proud grew forests amid white flakiness!!!
So I took a bath and did the best shave job I've had in 3 years.
I mean, I shaved in all those little ankle grooves that are scarred from dozens of unfortunate razor accidents,
I shaved all the way up my legs and behind my knees and the little tendon parts on both sides that always make me nervous.
I really vented my pregnant winter frustrations into this and I can honestly say I have rarely had a cleaner shave or a more peaceful set of mind.


Ah the therapeutic qualities of shaved legs.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I LOVE SNOW!!!! I don't care what you say about it, I LOVE SNOW!!! Man, I wish it would snow in Arizona sometimes.

Kristine said...

If only I could bend my waist at this point in pregnancy I would totally give into shaved leg therapy. There is just something refreshing about that smooth feeling... even if it is snowing or in my case, raining like crazy outside.