Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pardon me, but do you have any Grey Poupon?



Whenever time is short and the blood pressure's high, we methodically pick from our favorites for dinner.

if we're feeling mexican,for pizza,

for burgers or sandwiches,


for anything else.

Today we realized that this is a boring and lazy habit and that there is so much more to the Provo world of food that has yet to be discovered by the Willmores. So we have taken it upon ourselves to become food connoisseurs of the Provo area {and if we really branch out on occasion, Salt Lake or where ever we happen to be that is not Provo}. No longer will I push speed dial 4 on m
y cell phone and order the convenient and yummy pork barbequoa salad!

We will try the hole-in-the-wall joints and if needs be the raccoons-off-the-street-burritos from Albertos or Pedros or Joses or whatever the current name is. And then I shall share our findings with you. If we find some awesome bbq shop you will be the first to know about it. If we are sick for 3 days after eating from who-knows-where you will also be the first to know about it. Sounds kinda fun right??

...I wonder if I can write this off as a tax reduction somehow...

Tonight we set out to try a new place we had never been. On the menu:
Jimmy Johns Gourmet Sandwiches



I ordered the Beach Club (#12)
turkey,
provolone,
avocado spread,
sliced cucumber,
sprouts,
lettuce,
tomato,
and mayo.

Kiel ordered the Hunter's Club (#10)
1/4 lb sliced medium rare roast beef,
provolone,
lettuce,
tomato,
and mayo.

Caleb threw up.

After a deep conversation on the intricacy of the flavors and vibrancy of the colors, Kiel and I gave them a 3 out of 5 stars. The subs were good but they were just lacking originality. It was pretty much the same as any other sub shop. There were also not a lot of options as far as how you wanted your sandwich...each of them came in a package deal. Call me spoiled but I like the Subway approach to choosing my bread, toppings, and seasonings.
The prices were reasonable, 4.50-5.50 for an 8 inch. They also have their own "Jimmy chips" and "Jimmy cookies" that might be interesting, we didn't try em.
So there ya go! Try it if your feeling like a sandwich...nothing special but still yummy!


6 comments:

Camille Elise said...

Oh gosh, you're making me SO hungry! ARG.

Amy Legler said...

There's a Jimmy John's down here and Justin and I keep wanting to try it, but haven't yet. Now I won't be in a hurry to get there :)

Anonymous said...

i LOVE Jimmy Johns! Yum! I always get number 12 as well! Way to pick a good sub!!

Alisha said...

I COMPLETELY agree with you.
We went there once because everyone here in Logan was RAVING about it... but it really isn't that good.
Too much shaved iceberg lettuce, you don't get to choose your own vegetables, they only have white bread, and the finished product just isn't pretty. And it tasted like something you'd throw together at home when you can't find anything else.

However, their Salt & Vinegar chips were SO good.

Michelle said...

yeah! you are back to writing on this blog!!!! I will keep that in mind. :)

Unknown said...

I love the baby pictures!! way cute!! i am soo excited for the baby!! when do you find out what it is? so like an interesting sub!