Thursday, February 5, 2009

Japan- Here we come!

After several months of nerve-racking anticipation, we finally received THE email. WE ARE GOING TO JAPAN!!! Can I just say we are so excited?!?! Kiel was accepted to an internship to Matsumoto, Japan where he will be writing for a newspaper for 3 months this summer. He will be writing one article a week on pretty much any topic. We will also have a VIP pass to all the cultural events so that he can write on those.
It is quite an accomplishment that he got the internship; he is the first full American to be accepted for the internship. All the others have been at least part Japanese. He is also the first married applicant to be accepted. But what can I say? They'd be crazy not to take such a smart, talented, Japanese-speaking writer! And Kiel has really wanted to go back to Japan since he finished serving his mission there 3 years ago. I'm so excited to go and experience it with him! Too bad I don't like seafood or asian food.
Matsumoto is kinda in the middle of Japan and, like the rest of Japan, is very green and pretty! We have spent the past few weeks googling every picture available on Matsumoto. Here is a picture of a famous castle in Matsumoto:
So the next few months are going to be very busy for us! However, I think the most difficult thing for me will be to decide what few things I can't live without for 3 months....I only get to take 2 bags!! I take 2 bags when I'm going to AZ for a week!
But I'm so excited for this adventure that we get to take this summer and I am so so grateful for a husband who works so hard to excel in everything he does so we get to have these opportunities. He is truly my hero!

10 comments:

katiekimmcdermott said...

Wow, congrats Kiel! We are really excited for you guys!!! That will be such a wonderful experience. We definitely need to play before you go. I know both our boys are REALLY busy, but we need to make time to see you before you go! Let's set something up!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you guys! But most of all I am super jealous!

Francesca said...

So exciting! I hope you guys have a lot of fun. Japan is so beautiful, and I guarantee you will love the food by the time you return!

Kevin and Missa said...

Congrats!! You will be missed!!

Kelsey Romph said...

That is so great you guys! I am so excited for you! You will have to post every day there so we can see what it is like! We are coming home in April so hopefully we can see you before you go!

Jospeh and Brittany said...

WOW I am so excited for you to go to Japan, that will be cool to see where kiel served, I got to go to Josephs mission and it was so fun:):) have so much fun:)

JeNnA said...

yay!!1 and actually asian foo really is good. i think you'll come to like it. good luk with the 2 bags. but waht a great oppurtunity and aventure! can i go in one of your bags?

Camille Elise said...

That's so awesome. I'm a little jealous (not about the ucky food part) but mostly excited for the things you'll get to experience and see. TAke LOTS of pictures!!!

Gretchen Willmore said...

I know the food is actually really good and I used to really love it but since I got pregnant with Caleb I haven't been able to eat it...But I'll get over it pretty quick I'm sure! And I am DEFINITELY going to take TONS of pictures! Stay tuned...I'll be blogging them!

Bekah: said...

what an adventure, that sounds awesome!

you are CRAZY not to like asian food. you better learn to love it over there ;)