Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had an awesome Thanksgiving holiday! We stayed here in Utah this year because we are spending Christmas in Arizona. Thats the way to do it! Enjoy the time here while the weather is bearable and then go to AZ when its freezing cold and still enjoy the sun. Anywho! Our thanksgiving holiday started Wednesday night (after kiel did homework for 12 hours straight!) when we realized there was no school or work the next day!!! yay!!! So we watched WALL-E--way cute movie! Kiel and I both really enjoyed it. While we watched it we dipped a thousand pretzels in almond bark because we were assigned to bring munchies to the thanksgiving party. Thanksgiving day we woke up bright and early at 8:30 and I made a peanut butter cream pie and a cheese ball. Then we headed North! We spent the day at Rob and Suzies, mostly snacking and playing Mario Party on the Wii. It was pretty fun! Oh, and did I mention Natalie and I schooled all the boys in the game?? Yeah...they thought they had nothing to worry about but we showed them! Cyber high five Nat! We ate Thanksgiving dinner at 2 and it was so yummy!! All the fixings. I think my favorite part were those yummy rolls from kneaders with homemade strawberry jam...You just can't beat that! Then we played an intense game of Mad Gab, which I suggest we avoid in the future (oh and it was boys vs girls, girls won of course) and just sat around and talked. Then we broke out all the pies! I'm not a super huge pie fan but I enjoy a homemade fruit pie. Lets see...then we kept munching and Rob called Kiel and I on in a game of Rook and like we'd turn that down! Good news: Kiel and I shot the moon with 200 points! Bad news: we still lost the game by less than a hundred points! Yeah...bummer. Then we munched some more and started Kung Fu Panda at like 10:30 pm. We really enjoyed the movie and we laughed whenever we were awake! We are going to have to watch it again when its not so late. We got home a little after 1am and then got up early this morning and went to breakfast and Best Buy before we had to get back to real life and Kiel went to work. So as you can see we had a lot of fun and we have a lot to be thankful for! I am especially thankful for my family- for my husband that tries so hard to be the best husband in the world for me and for my cute little baby. I love them both so much!!! Happy thanksgiving to all of you!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Gretch!!! It sounds like you had almost as much fun as i did!!! I can't wait to see you in 2 and 3/4 weeks!!!!! Love you tons!!!