Tuesday, April 13, 2010

For all my fellow pregger ladies


Thanks to the weather waiting to freeze me at first contact, I have spent way too much time and money trying to find a good work out video that I can do in the warmth of my apt. I have tried the neon workout spandex 80's video (seriously, who can take that seriously??), some crazy turban-and-dress-wearing yoga lady, yadayadayada.
I finally found one that works!
It works out every part of you and contains yoga, palates, and aerobic exercises...just a little of each.
She's not too fast and she's not too slow.
She's not boring but she doesn't talk to much.
She's wearing normal workout clothes!
All these add up to a great workout session that can be tailored to any fitness level unless you're my neighbor that ran 20 miles a day until she went into labor. So if you've also been trying to find a good prenatal workout video to keep that weight gain minimal, this one comes recommended by me.
I bought mine at Barnes and Noble for $25 but it comes with two DVD's- a prenatal and postnatal workout DVD.
The workout is 40 minutes with a 20 minute partner session that
you can do with your hubby, preggo friend...
Maybe you recognize her husband from Desperate Housewives??

If you have any other prenatal workout ideas/tips I'd love to hear them...working out can get so monotonous, especially when you still put on the lbs!

3 comments:

Kevin and Missa said...

Hey!!! try and go on walks alot!!! let me know if you want to go!!

Francesca said...

Thanks for the recommendation! I need to exercise, but no way I'm going outside in the AZ heat.

Michelle said...

you are so funny gretchen.