Monday, May 14, 2012

The big O- Four


Four years ago it was Mother's day morning and I was in the final stages of labor. And then the best present I've ever received laid squirming in my arms. I became a mother on mother's day.
But this post isn't about me. Its about my present. My baby. My great big 4 year old boy. My little comedian/teacher/tasmanian devil.
And he wanted a Thomas the Train on his birthday cupcake. I forgot about that part. Sorry mister.



 This kid is his father all over again. He can't take a serious picture to save his life. I love that.

 Hey guess what?? I'm FOUR now!! And this is my favorite birthday ever!!
 I banished him to the living room to watch Jungle Book while I got everything ready for his party.

 Party Menu
root beer - sparkling lemonade - apple juice
apples - strawberries - blackberries - pinapple & fruit dip
tomatoes - carrots - celery & ranch dip
cake batter muddy buddies
chips & jalapeno cilantro hummus (recipe coming soon!)
animal crackers - nilla wafers - oreos - graham crackers & chocolate chip toffee cookie dough dip
blue & white gummy bears 


 For his birthday he wanted to invite over a few of his friends to play.
How cute is this little guy?! Black eye and all!

 This is the ridiculously cute mother of the ridiculously cute boy above. Everything makes sense now.

 Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear Caaaaleeeeb! Happy birthday to yoooooou!!!
 Parker was there doing what he does best. Chowin down.

 And the best part...Presents!! Thank you awesome friends!!

Caleb won't except the fact that his birthday is over. He sings happy birthday to himself several times a day followed with a great big sigh and, "I have the nicest friends. That was favorite birthday ever!" and when we go grocery shopping he holds up four fingers and waves them at every one we pass while yelling, "I'm four now! Its my birthday!!
Happy birthday little man. You are a joy. You make my life exciting...usually in a good way...like when you're not shoving bobby pins into Parker's brain through his nose...please don't ever do that again!!!
I love you!!

3 comments:

JeNnA said...

I definitely wouldn't gained 16 pounds if I went to that party. Way to go chef! Cute pictures. And what a stuff of a 4 year old!

Michelle said...

Ohhhh. He's so cute. I'm so happy I will see you guys soon! Tell Caleb happy birthday from me and give him a huge kiss.

Bennion Lovin' said...

His Birthday looked so fun! I love when I called to wish him a Happy Big 4 (which still blows my mind by-the-way) he couldn't resist to ask for Grandpa. haha-- I love that he LOVES Grandpa so much. It makes me smile so big just thinking about it. Geez Grandpa... move over so the rest of us can get some lovin'! haha