Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Utah. Again.



We have a hard time staying away from Utah. And Arizona. I blame it on our family completely (why else would anyone in their right mind find every opportunity to hang out with scorps in 120 degree weather?! They wouldn't I tell ya!). But we were blessed to be able to go spend a week or four with family and it was a blast. It would take way too long write down all the fun things we did so I'll just tell it with pictures. This post is dedicated to Utah. The next one will be about Arizona. I spent a week in Utah before Kiel joined us after his finals and then we got to spend a blissful week together before he had to return home to resume his scholarly responsibilities. Of course I spent 2 more weeks frolicking with the fam.

We went to a sports class for lil tykes and there is nothing cuter than watching all these little bodies run and roll around! Parks was a natural...he must have gotten it from his brother.
 Obviously my monkey of a son struggles following simple instructions like streeeetch! Unlike Cousins Thing 1 and Thing 2.
 We took the boys bowling for the first time ever! Way more fun than being all serious and competitive and stuff.


 Ever wondered how to keep 10 kids calm and content at Costco? I present to you the Petramalo Method- tried and true. A) Find one of the long flat carts B) Pile kids on said cart C) Park said cart in front of a TV D) Leave a semi-responsible child to watch the other children E) Enjoy your shopping trip and don't forget to go back for 3rds on tastes!! =)

Ice Skating
Along time ago Kiel and I broke up. This was before we were married mind you. And he wanted to win my heart back so he took me ice skating. Apparently I'm a sucker for men in sexy ice skates doing toe taps and a triple axel. Can't resist! Anywho, we hadn't been back until just recently when we all went together as a fam. Shocking how 5 years can change everything...single and dating to married with 2 kids and some serious responsibilities...oi.
 Don't let him fool ya...he loved it.




 Us trying to be being legit, players.
 My bro acting all like he's helping the lil one when really his lungs felt like they were about to explode. As if anyone fell for it. And yes, we have awkward stares at the camera down to a science in our family. Proud of it yo!

 Aww...the whole family on ice. I shall submit this to Disney.

At the cabin
My in-laws finished building a cabin at about the same time we left for law school. Who planned that one I ask you?!? But its still a favorite get away any time we go home for a visit. We put the snow machines, sleds, inner tube, and snow shoes to good use. Indoors we warmed by the fire with magazines and books or played airhocky, foosball, or ping pong in the play room. Yeah...we sorta like the cabin.

Don't judge peeps. I didn't want to haul down a bunch of snow gear so we just borrowed my sister's kid's clothes instead. She happens to have girls. 
 Kiel showing his snow shoe stuff


 Parker wasn't sure what to do with all the snow...it was kinda swallowing him up
 After a long snow shoe hike...my hair doesn't just look like this everyday. Stop judging!

 Me snow shoeing in the back of the cabin

 Natalie, Bryce (BIL and SIL), Kiel and I went on a 3 hour snowmobile ride and it was fantastic. I was so sore the next day! Love it!! PS. Bryce is a mega show off. :p

Jazz game
I, of course, was not invited to this party. I guess my allegiance to my PHX Suns boys disqualifies me from ever sitting on the front line of a Jazz game. Whatevs. I can see it just fine at home on my comfy couch while munching on Doritos. What up now yo?! (I'm not sure why I'm feeling all gangster right now...just go with it..) 
My FIL's company is in the Jazz 100 club and I guess that means they serve you a fancy shmancy prime rib dinner before the game. Don't they look thrilled??!

 I'm not sure what this is a pic of but my husband said its important. So be it.

Dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point
Gramma and Grampa Willmore took us to the Dinosaur museum. If you haven't been there and you live in the SLC area and you have little boys, you should probs go. My boys LOVED it! Heaven in a museum! 


 Caleb's face is priceless.
 Really Grampa?? Don't let him touch that.
 They have this discovery zone where the kids can build little sand hills for the plastic dinosaurs and then pour water over them, reenacting how dinosaurs died by floods. Awesome.


 Grampa+Caleb+Parker= the same weight as a duphesaphorus


 Again, be amazed at Caleb's facial abilities. 

Yes, we had uber fun in Utah. Yes, we plan to go back soon. Thanks Gramma & Grampa Willmore, Jana & Bret, Joseph & Mindy, and Mary for making our stay so fun. Loves to you all!



2 comments:

Kristine said...

Looks like a blast! Glad you get to have so much family time!

Michelle said...

Of course you guys would go to all the fun stuff after I left...