Thursday, February 16, 2012

Life on the farm

Rewind back time 6 weeks...that puts the Willmore family in Arizona enjoying a warm and sunny winter day. {why yes, I am way behind on blogging so thank you for appreciating my repentance!}. I am one of those crazy mothers who feel like its never too early to start teaching your kids important things...like the satisfaction that comes with some good hard work.



 So on this particular warm and sunny day I had my kids help Aunt Mary rake the leaves in the orchard. Turns out orchards produce a lot of leaves so Mary was very grateful for all the help. 




After raking leaves they picked up pecans {and later shelled them}...I love them seeing where their food is coming from. For some reason that is important to me...that they don't just think grocery stores make everything we eat. Our garden last year was a great experience and Caleb loved eating what we grew. I'm excited for the warm weather to arrive so we can start planting again! Ok, way side-tracked there. Back to the cuteness at hand...aren't they so cute?! I love little boy energy and curiosity!







  After dumping the leaves in the leaf pile they were handsomely rewarded with a ride back in the wheelbarrow. 




So many great things happen at Grandma's house :)

2 comments:

JeNnA said...

Flipping awesome warm winters! The bots... DARLING!!!! And I will have to say that they look a lot like you!!! Love the pictures!!!

Michelle said...

Haha...that was a lot of fun. I miss you guys!! Give my love to the boys! <3