Saturday, November 12, 2011

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas


I'm one of those people who start craving Christmas music in August. Before I see the pumpkins appear in stores I'm looking around for Christmas lights. Christmas means we are going to see family. It means Kiel will be off school and work. It means family time, singing around the piano, lots of sparkles, three 15 passenger vans full of my family caroling to all 96 people we know, cheerful shoppers, and possibly the best part of it all, Christmas candy. Lots and lots of it. So as far as I'm concerned, skip halloween all together, enjoy a little thanksgiving pie and then party like its Christmas the rest of the year. Yup. I released all inhibition and started playing Christmas pandora a month ago. I embrace you Christmas.
We picked up our new-to-us (i heart you craigslist!) christmas tree yesterday and that sucker is going up today. In the past we have always had a 2 feet tree that was the perfect size for our Wymount apartment and one package of mini ornaments and half a garland made that tree look a little crowded. So this year I'm going to make this 7 foot tree mine. White a red and sparkly. Glitter pine cones tied with sheer and white ribbons. And a monster bow on top. I'm making it all. OK not all but I plan on being ambitious. So with the help of Pinterest I've been collecting ideas. I also wanted to share this website with ya'll. Its fantastic. 101 christmas ornament ideas...it really helps the imagination to bubble over.

 As I get to creating whats in my head I'll try to chronicle them on here. I sure love to see and steal all your good ideas! All you crafty brilliant people you.

3 comments:

Missy said...

oooh, yes! I was just thinking it would be fun to start making Christmas tree ornaments as a family tradition. I can only imagine what kind of glitter covered objects my children could create. They would love it! I will definitely be checking out that link.

p.s. in case you didn't see, I responded to your comment on my blog (in the comments). Thanks again for sharing that, it really made my day. I am so happy that I am now following your blog. I was missing out!

Michelle said...

Haha, we have been listening to Christmas pandora for a really long time now!! :D Plus, who says you can't start to celebrate Christmas a month or two before? Not me!!

Michelle said...

By the way, that is a GGGRRREEEAAATTT site. I finally have Christmas present ideas!! Yay!!