Friday, October 29, 2010

An organized office space surprise.

No, I'm not pregnant. Don't even think like that.

My poor husband is up at 5:30 and studies until 11 or 12 or 5:30 the next morning (like last night...) We love to have him home as much as possible, even if he is in the spare room studying.
But the spare room was more of a junk room and craft room... hardly the place for a highly intellectual thinker to think. So I thought I'd surprise my Love with something more functional for his needs.

Yikes...right??

A little trip to Ikea and a lot of creative upcycling and organizing later and
WHALAH! an office for kiel to call his own.
{Don't mind the very unorganized pile of backpacks under the desk...Eeeek!}

A little clearance fabric + ugly chair + a sewing machine =

A BRAND NEW-ISH CHAIR!

That conveniently match the curtains...

Kiel is a HUGE Dave Mathews Band fan...hence the theme of the room. On the left wall there is a big DMB poster too...The frames came with the house :)



So for the price of a little fabric, a few boxes from ikea and a white board for 6 bucks, Kiel got a functional space to help him reach his highest goals.

You can do it Love!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow gretchen you are such a good wifey! That chair looks brand new! I am pretty sure parker and caleb are the cutest things I have ever seen. I love parkers huge blue eyes! He must have got those from mommy! =) I miss you guys a lot. I am dying to see the boys. Christmas can't come soon enough. Love you guys!
PS have you been to McDonalds lately? Call me! =)

Michelle said...

Good job Gretchen!!! It looks fantastic!!! I can't wait to see you!! Love you!!

Unknown said...

okay wow!!! when you come in december you are going to have to teach me to sow!!!! it looks fantastic!! i am proud to call you sister!! :) Love you!!!

Kristine said...

You're so talented! It looks marvelous!

Francesca said...

You are such a good wife! Kiel is very blessed to have you.