Monday, August 10, 2009

Mom's blood test results

Mom had some blood work done and a CT scan taken to see what her cancer has been doing the past few months. Unfortunately her tumors have continued to grow and there are also a few new tumors that weren't there before. Mom has decided to start the sandostatin shots which is a "kinder" type of chemo. The horrible thing about those are (besides the negative side affects they can have) is she has to give them to herself! I don't know how anyone does that...my mom is a very strong person.
The {extremely} positive news is that her blood is 100% normal. The drs don't know how that can be since her liver obviously can function well but we are very grateful for that news nonetheless.
So now you all know about as much as I do...I wish the news was better but we'll hope and pray for that for the next test results.

1 comment:

Amy Legler said...

Oh sweetie, you and your family is all in my thoughts and prayers. I do wish and hope the best for your mom and family. I love you!!