Thursday, June 11, 2009

AnD tHe AdVenTuRE cOnTinUeS!


It has been a rollercoaster the past week and a half! Our weekend started out fun...Kiel and I went to a dinner party held by his work for all the employees at Shimin Times and it was held at a super nice hotel. The dinner was an 8 course dinner with all these crazy things to eat! I wish with all my heart that you didn't have to eat everything you are offered here!!! I HATE seafood with a passion (have I ever mentioned that??) and pretty much everything they gave us was seafood. In fact the first course was a shrimp that was pooping its body out of its head. It was HUGE too! I swallowed it whole. They had Kiel introduce us and then Kiel got to give a little speech that I guess was really funny. Someone asked him how he proposed to me so he told that story. It was really fun! HOWEVER, no one (Kiel) didn't tell me it was very nice dress so I went in jeans and everyone else was dressed up. That was pretty embarressing! I got over it pretty fast.
The next morning we were surprised by Caleb sleeping in an hour later than usual and we were pretty happy about it until I picked him up out of his crib and about dropped him b/c he burned my hands! He had a raging 104-106 temp with a throat infection all weekend long. The temp finally subsided Tuesday and then yesterday he broke out in a rash all over his body. So we took him back to the dr! Turns out he has roleola infantum...also known as the 3 day measles. It is very common here and both Yukarisan's kids had it when they were Calebs age. Now we have to stay home for a week and think of ways to amuse ourselves... :( It was a very untimely sickness too because the Igarashi's didn't have work on Sat so we were going to go to this really beautiful place in the mountains and they don't have work tomorrow so we were going to do something fun tomorrow as well...sad sad. Which reminds me, anyone have any good book suggestions (keep in mind it has to be somewhat general...they don't carry alot of english books here)?? I have finished four in the past 2 weeks so I need something else to read while caleb naps.
On the upside, Kiel and I have been looking at hotels in Tokyo to reserve for the 3 days we'll be there next month! They have some really fun places...too bad they're all budget-breakers! We are going to go to the Temple while we're there too...it'll be so fun! No, we don't have a babysitter yet...maybe we'll run into someone in Tokyo.
ANYWHO, here are some picks to make up for this long post. (I'll try to make them shorter in the future!)







7 comments:

katiekimmcdermott said...

Gretchen,

Do you want me to mail you some books? I would be more than happy to send you guys a little package with some books and anything else you need! I'm sorry Caleb was sick. Poor little guy! Glad you guys will get to have some great adventures!

Amy Legler said...

So fun! I miss you guys! And don't make your posts shorter - I love seeing and hearing all about what you guys are up to! I hope Caleb feels better!!!

Kevin and Missa said...

How sad for little Caleb!! yea.. It's pretty common here too.. well at least with my family.. lol!!! Have fun!!! Sorry about the Sea Food!

JeNnA said...

oh goodness. How sad about caleb.but it ure looks like you are having a blastover there! love ya lots!

Unknown said...

I love the last pic! cute!

Michelle said...

Wow, Gretch! Caleb is quite the little poser!!! and i'm thinking he got that from you!

Unknown said...

I've found this very interesting and has a good stuff for the readers and designers. I would be glad to recommend the post for its quality content. Nice post.

Kiel hotel