Saturday, May 30, 2009

Crazy Japanese Fun!


Japan is SUPER crazy and SUPER fun! I don't even know what to say about it...it is so different from America! There are a lot of things that are opposite from America, for instance they drive on opposite sides of the road, the driver is on the right side, you push the faucet down to get water, and you eat dinner for breakfast (salad and rice). There are so many great things I love about Japan though, it is soooo beautiful here! And the people are so nice. Its amazing! People never honk there horns, there's no road rage, if a bird is in the middle of the road they just sit there until the bird decides to move, and everyone says konichiwa (hello) and bows a hundred times before moving on to something else. There are so many neat things to see here! I love just walking around and seeing the houses with their beautiful clay roofs and the shrines and temples and cemetaries (their cemetaries are so cool!!) and old Japanese ppl working in their rice patties and all the colorful Japanese signs...there's so many interesting things! Yesterday Kiel and I spent the day walking around Matsumoto and we went and visited the famous castle. There's only four of them and one of them is right here! It was amazing as you can see here:
We also walked around their shops and went to this little frog town where everything was froggy. Very cute!
(Me and my frog prince)

There was a temple in the middle of this great big city and there was a couple all dressed up in their kimonos giving their baby a baby blessing budah equivalent. It was really cool to watch!Lots of ppl have asked about the food...Yukarisan (the wife of the family we are staying with) is a super awesome cook! She makes really good food! I'm not huge on sea food, in fact it makes me gag, but she tries to only make things I like. So far I've liked just about everything. They have really good bread here; we eat different kinds of breads, most of which are some kind of sweet yummyness rolls, everyday. They have the BEST candy here too! I can't believe America hasn't adopted some of their candy. They have a candy bar called the black thunder that tastes like oreos on steriods. I'm taking back a stash of those with me to America.
The family we are staying with is amazing! Yukarisan is one of my best friends ever and I love doing things with her and learning from her! I really do love them. So here are some other random pics of Japan...Enjoy! (Sorry about all the sideways pics, I don't know how to flip them on this computer...its kinda funky)

An ancient building smashed in the middle of the city

The super awesome squatter...I haven't tried it yet but I can't wait!
Above all, please don't litter.

9 comments:

Francesca said...

haha the squatter! The first time I used it was not fun. I'm glad you;re enjoying Japan. It really is a wonderful place. How long will you be living there?

Hawkes said...

I am SO jealous you are there! I LOVE asia. oh and the squatter...ya Shelby was potty training while we were there and it was not convienent to use one. ha ha

Mary said...

That is a pretty temple. Sounds like you are going to have a bff with Yu..... (the mom) She sounds so sweet, and how kind of her to make food that you enjoy. Sounds like you are having fun!!! Love you!

Unknown said...

How fun! This is Natalie. Looks like you guys are having a great time! Hey I want to ge those pics to you, I'm not sure how to go about it. If I mailed it to you, would you guys have to pay duty taxes to pick it up? I would hate to mail it, then you guys end up having to pay money to even receive it. Ask Kiel and let me know. I can even hang on to until you get back, or email you a few of your favorite images... it's up to you!

Anonymous said...

Okay I will for sure email you some of them! You are going to get a few emails because the JPEGs are too large. ha ha so keep an eye out for them. I will probably send them to you tonight or tomorrow night! It would be so cool if you did the heart thing... it would be spread all the way to Japan! How cool would that be!? Also I just checked out your facebook, people are so sweet. It's really not me, you and Kiel just make for excellent models. =) Hey I didn't know Mary was SO good.... She does a great job! I saw her pics. Her and I need to get together and make a little business and make some mulah! =)

Amy J said...

Looks like so much fun! I'd love to visit Asia someday! Good look with the squatter... doesn't look so fun!

Camille Elise said...

hahahaha...SQUATTER!!!

Unknown said...

Awsome temple. love you.

Michelle said...

Wow! It is gorgeous there! Hey, Kiel does not look like that "frog prince!"